Prep time: 5 min
Cook time: 35 min
Total time: 40 min
Yield: 4 servings
- 1 tbsp Butter
- 1 Shallot
- 12 oz Arborio Rice
- 4 cup Vegetable Broth
- 1 cup Dry White Wine
- 2 oz Gorgonzola or Blue Cheese
- 2 oz Cream Cheese
- 2 oz Jack Cheese
- 2 oz Parmigiano Reggiano
- A Pinch Salt and Pepper
- Prepare all your ingredients and warm up or make the broth.
- Warm the butter in a frying pan, thinly slice the shallot and toss it in. Let it cook for five min. (It shouldn’t become brown.) Toss in the rice and stir constantly, it has to absorb the butter and become almost transparent. Add the wine and stir until the alcohol is completely evaporated.
- Add the warm broth (I keep it boiling in a separate pot) one ladle at the time. When one ladle is completely absorbed, not before, add another one. Do this for about 20 min, check the rice cooking time. Whenever during the cooking process sprinkle with a pinch of salt.
- Use one ladle of broth to melt the cream cheese and jack cheese to create a creamy, even blend (use a hand blender for better results). Just before the rice is cooked add the creamy mixture and let it dry a little.
- Lower the fire to a minimum and add the remaining cheeses. Stir until you have an even texture.
- Serve warm. Plate the risotto and sprinkle it with some additional Parmigiano and a pinch of black pepper.
Four Cheese Risotto by Oct-19-2015